Climate Ready Boston, City of Boston Environment Department
Our department's mission is to enhance the quality of life in Boston by protecting air, water, climate, and land resources, and by preserving and improving the integrity of Boston's architectural and historic resources. Climate Ready Boston is an initiative to develop resilient solutions to prepare our City for climate change.
Contact information for students to get more information:
• Alisha Pegan
• Climate Ready Boston Program Coordinator
This position is unpaid, but students may be able to secure funding to support their service work through the PKG Center or other MIT programs. Check possibilities through the PKG Fellowships program: http://studentlife.mit.edu/pkgcenter/fellowships
Dates are flexible - check with the posting agency
Qualifications, Preferences, and Assets
● Interest, experience, and critical thinking on issues of sustainability, climate change and resilience planning in cities. Bachelor’s degree or graduate school coursework in planning, policy, urban studies, environmental studies and related fields recommended.
● Thoughtfulness and experience in developing community and stakeholder engagement activities.
● Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to effectively translate technical information into actionable, tangible material and frameworks for stakeholders who don’t think about climate change all the time.
● Strong GIS and Adobe InDesign skills, and comfort updating websites.
● Strong project management and organizational tendencies.
|Causes||Civic Engagement Conservation Disaster Relief Emergency & Safety Environment Sustainability|
|Sustainable Development Goals|