The Senior Services Administrative Assistant serves to assist the Senior Services Coordinator at the Richmond Parks and Recreation Department. Incumbent will provide administrative, reception and activity support for the Parks and Recreation Department. Work dates are flexible.
· Prepare daily deposits and track data into the accounting system
· Assist in filing paperwork
· Perform special projects for administration as assigned
· Assist with receptionist duties, provided telephone back up as needed and accepts payments
· Other duties as assigned
· Preferred: College student majoring in Social Services or related major.
· Previous customer service experience preferred.
· Ability to follow the policies and procedures set forth by the City of Richmond and the Richmond Parks and Recreation Department.
· Strong supervisory and management skills and ability to work alone with minimum supervision, often under time pressure. Capacity to work on several tasks at the same time and complete assignments effectively amidst frequent distractions and interruptions.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills. Working knowledge of Standard English grammar, spelling and punctuation, and ability to compose and prepare correspondence.
· Maintain contact with co-workers, other City departments, funding and regulatory agencies, vendors and the public for purposes of exchanging information, explaining/interpreting policies and procedures, coordinating operations, supervising personel, and resolving problems.
· Working knowledge of all programs in Microsoft Office Suite.
This position requires the ability to handle/grasp objects, close vision, and hearing sounds/ communication. Physical effort may involve standing/walking for long periods and lifting objects up to 30 pounds.
0 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours