BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM SCOPE
Neighborhood House partners with diverse individuals and families to build community and achieve their
goals for health, education and self-sufficiency. The Neighborhood House Family Resource Center provides
a variety of services to the High Point community. At Neighborhood House, we have a deep commitment
to valuing our employees’, volunteers’, and clients’ diverse experiences and backgrounds, which guide our
work for a more equitable future.
Several community members are taking courses towards becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or
a Home Care Aide, and could benefit from tutoring in these subjects.
* Clarifying basic text and conversing with the student.
* Create or use flash cards to quiz the student.
* Ability to work with adult learners in a kind and patient manner
* Interest in working with diverse communities
* Ability to make a consistent weekly commitment
* College degree preferred
* Experience with CNA and/or Home Care Aide requirements a plus
Students will likely request one or more weekdays, from 1p - 4p. However, specific dates and times will
be scheduled around the individual availability of tutors, students, and the availability of space at the High
Point Family Center
0 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours