|Approval||Organizer will approve registrants|
Work Study Position Description:
Writing and Lit Classroom Support Intern, Trinity Academy for the Performing Arts
6-7 hours per week.
Schedule will be set for specific courses at initial meetings. School day runs from 8am-3pm.
Description of TAPA – Trinity Academy for the Performing Arts:
TAPA develops well-rounded, educated, artistic and professional community leaders who practice service and teamwork in initiating and implementing goals, with a focus on the global society.
Trinity Academy for the Performing Arts is an academically-rigorous, arts-integrated public charter school for students in grades 7-12. TAPA is a community of practice, where culture, the performing arts and expanded learning time are all fundamental components of a rigorous academic program. TAPA is woven into the diverse and creative fabric of the city of Providence, fostering engaged, well-rounded artistic leaders.
The student intern will play a supporting role in the grade 12 writing and college prep classroom, as well as grade 9 writing initiatives, working in-class with the students, as well as in small-groups.
Student interns will have responsibility for specific projects and also participate in the day-to-day operations with the classroom teacher, including assisting students with in-class writing work and college essay preparation and review,, and collaborating with TAPA staff.
Responsibilities may include:
• Assisting with struggling students during academic times, as directed by classroom teacher
• Helping students with classwork and homework assignments
• Supporting ELA department initiatives
• Additional administrative and other duties as needed
• Projects of choice based on the intern’s specific interests
• Additional responsibility may include helping deliver recycling to Rhode Island Resource
Recovery (optional, only if interested in recycling initiatives)
• Familiarity with issues affecting urban education
• Excellent writing and organizational skills
• Flexibility, dependability, and enthusiasm
• Willingness to jump right in to a fast-paced work environment
• Previous experience working with high school students a plus, but not required
• Spanish fluency a plus, but not required
Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Hours, Payment and Academic Credit: $13/hour
Timeframe: TAPA seeks student interns for the fall and/or spring semesters. Full academic year internships (both fall and spring semesters) are available and preferred. Fall/full-year interns are generally hired by late summer; spring interns are generally hired before the December winter break. Interns may apply for one or two semesters.
Start date: mid-late September
End date: late April
Schedule: the TAPA Supervisor and work-study intern will come to a mutually-agreed upon weekly schedule. Interns are expected to be punctual, consistent, and to communicate in advance with the Supervisor in event of an absence.
Internship will start with an orientation tour, a review of policies, and introduction to key staff.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TAPA: Trinity Academy for the Performing Arts is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.
0 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours